Ah... Yummy Ontario Produce

Ontario Strawberries are the reason I started out promoting and enjoying local food. Nothing beats the smell and the tasted of a freshly plucked strawberry from the field. So this time of year puts a spring in my step and makes my belly sing! Ontario produce is finally here!!

Over the past four weeks, we have embraced for the third year, Coopers Farm CSA Share with much delight and glee. So far, we have received: strawberries, rhubarb, a variety of lettuce, green onions, spinach, asparagus, garlic scapes and sugar snap peas.

One of my favourite recipes at this time of year is Strawberry and Rhubarb Sorbet courtesy of Canadian Living www.canadianliving.com/food/strawberry_rhubarb_sorbet.php. This recipes works best with fresh ingredients but I have also made it in the dead of winter with frozen from the farm, which is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment