Plentiful Zucchini


I definitely learned my lesson from last summer. Between the farm share from Coopers CSA Farms and my six zucchini plants, I was overwhelmed with zucchinis. This summer, I only planted one zuc plant and expect the rest to be delivered from the farm.

My first delivery of zucchini came last week. Last night, it was way to hot to bake so I decided to make Creamy Zucchini Basil Soup. It is so simple and totally delicious!

Creamy Zucchini Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4 in. thick
4 cups chicken broth ( I prefer homemade)
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, washed and stemmed, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
Sprinkle of Kosher salt

Preparation

1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook another 2 minutes; then add chicken broth and 1 cup basil leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.

2. Purée the soup in batches in a blender. Add 2 tbsp. of sour cream. Season with salt to taste.

3. Divide soup among bowls and garnish each with some sour cream, and a few basil leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment