Zero Mile Diet?

This week on my way to work, I was listening to an interview of Carolyn Herriot who has just released a book called the Zero Mile Diet. Carolyn lives in Victoria, BC and enjoys a much shorter winter and a much longer growing season.

While I have not yet picked up a copy of her book, I found the interview quite interesting. She raised a number of important points about having a greater understanding of what we are putting into our bodies as well as increasing the amount of fresh produce we consume while at the same time minimizing the amount of processes food. However the interview left me wondering how realistic the zero mile diet would be in Ontario. As you know, I am very supportive of local farmers, farmers markets, CSA shares as well as growing some of my own food. Before I pass judgment, I guess I better hit the library and read more about it!

For information about the book, check out:www.harbourpublishing.com/book.php?id=761

No comments:

Post a Comment